It’s all about the festive season nowadays. I received the feelunique Christmas shopping guide yesterday and stumbled upon a couple of pre-party skin tips I thought are worth sharing.
If you aren’t a feelunique customer yet, give it a try. They have a massive stock of various beauty products, hair and skin care, perfume etc. and lots of these (not all though) have really competitive prices. Whenever I need a new something for my bathroom shelf I check if feelunique has it and then compare it to the amazon prices, a bit of a savvy approach. So far, in a lot of instances feelunique won. They also regularly release voucher codes which makes the purchase even more appealing. Check for current vouchers at the end of this post, we will be updating it from time to time with the recent ones.
Ok, that was an unplanned detour, going back to the face skin tips for the holiday season! Regardless of stress and tiredness it wouldn’t hurt to look nicer over the holidays; I think I’ll give it a go.
So, according to Sarah Chapman, A-list facialist, here is what we should do to look stunning:
- 1. Try home massage as this is a good way to get a healthy glow and perk-up your face skin. Just close your fists and gently roll the knuckles over cheeks. Next tap your fingertips around the eye contours to help circulation.
- 2. Make sure to drink more water to avoid the skin being dry and looking lifeless. If you are ready for an extra mile, try using a hydrating mask weekly. Sarah also suggests to keep the mask in the fridge for additional skin firming refreshment.
I’m not sure I’d go as far as keeping my creams in the fridge, but will definitely get some of the hydrating treatments as my skin currently does look dry with all the wind and cold weather.
Here is what I am considering:
The second one has 50ml only and is more expensive, but got very good reviews, so I am tempted to test. Moving on to the third tip.
- 3. Instead of usual grainy scrub try an exfoliator with salicylic acid – these are much milder and good at making skin smooth and glowing.
The only option i managed to find is Murad Exfoliating Cleanser AHA/BHA 200ml (£30.60)
- 4. Right before putting your makeup on use a brightening mask to make the skin truly radiant. Alternatively, go with massaging serum or hydrating oil into your face skin, this should help to look fresh.
When it comes to serums, here is my all times favourite: Medik8 C-Tetra 30ml (£36.00) – but make sure to use just a tiny little drop, as it has an oily base; no need to look overly shiny.
- 5. Finally, once the party is over, remember to cleanse and put a nourishing serum on before you fall into bed. To avoid puffing, soak a muslin cloth in chilled rosewater and press against your face.
And that’s it for today. Hope you will be enjoying all the upcoming celebrations, feel great and look sexy!
As promised, details of a valid feelunique voucher code: SCENT50 – £10 off when you spend £50 on perfume Valid until December 22; free delivery on orders over £10 is there at all times.